On-demand webinars and sessions
Creating the next generation of industry leaders
Join our panel of inspirational leaders as they discuss their views on how to create the next generation of figureheads in the industry, asking such questions as: how should current management be leading the way by nurturing new talent? How important are initiatives such as mentoring and challenging thinking? Does the current way of working need to be examined and redefined to ensure new talent don’t leave the industry?
- Robert Richardson, Chief Executive Officer - Institute of Hospitality
- Oliver Brown, General Manager - Wivenhoe House Hotel
- Anna Sirba, General Manager - The Bodmin Jail Hotel
- Daniel Pedreschi, Regional Vice President Operations UK - PPHE Hotel Group
Why allyship and hospitality go hand in hand
Hospitality has long been a diverse industry which becomes less so as you move up the chain of command. In this session, we take a look at how allyship and advocacy for marginalised groups can bring benefits to the entire hotel sector.
- Emily Goldfischer, Founder - Editor in Chief, hertelier
- Alessandra Alonso, Managing Director and Founder - Women in Travel CIC
- Chris King, Thunder & CEO - Lightning Travel Recruitment Ltd
- Gavin Couper, Hotel Manager - One Aldwych
How do we join together as a community to fill the hole in hospitality staffing?
How can we engage the next generation of hospitality employees, and where should we be looking to find them? What are the government's plans to help out the hospitality sector and how can we join together as an industry to benefit? Hear opinions on one of the most important issues in the industry today and have your opportunity to question those in the know.
- Andy Boer, Director - The Edge Hotel School
- Sandra Kelly, Skills Director - UKHospitality
- Veryan Palmer, Director - The Headland, Cornwall
- Greg Fruchenicht, Director of Partnerships - Saira
- Sam Chance, Group Marketing Director - Otolo
Winning time: The value of industry awards
We are surrounded by awarding bodies within the hospitality sector but how do we engage with them and what should we consider when pulling together an awards entry? Join our star studded panel of awarding bodies, successful winners and journalists to gain insight into how industry accolades can change the course of your business.
- Zoe Monk, Senior Editor - Boutique Hotelier
- Joanne Taylor- Stagg, General Manager - The Athenaeum Hotel and Residences
- Simon Numphud, Managing Director - AA Media
- Gary Scottorn, Owner - The Forge
Independent Hotel Show Awards
Recognising the passion of independently spirited hoteliers who drive our sector forward, the Independent Hotel Show Awards champion all that make independent hotels such amazing places to stay.
- Glenn Wallace, Event Manager - Independent Hotel Show London
- Peter Hancock, Speaker and Presenter - Hancock Speaks
Recruitment & Retention: Solving the Staffing Crisis
How can we cater for our employees' unique human needs, bringing out their best work and cultivating a happy, productive business? Our expert panel discuss everything from finding the top talent to retaining them. Let's come together to fix the staffing crisis!
Host: Charles van Goch, Chief Empowering Officer - Hospitality Synergy Group
- Jolanda Sadni, GM - Ink Amsterdam
- Melle Pegman, Owner - Hotelprofessionals
- Floris Kemper, GM - Château St Gerlach
Our expert panel discuss solving the staffing crisis. Reviewing new ways of recruiting, the use of flexible and non-permanent contracts, and ultimately, how to market your hotel as a great career move!
Host: Thom Roelofs, Project Leader & Freelance Interviewer - Bookboon Publishers
- Joachim De Looij, MD - Bunk Hotels
- Esther Visser, HR Director - Apollo/ Leonardo Hotel
- Gabriella Esselbrugge, Owner - Dames van de Jonge
Standing The Heat: The Business of Mental Health
Mental health continues to be a major issue across the hospitality industry. Long hours and high-pressure working environments, along with an increasingly over-stimulated and over-exposed workforce can equate to a burn-out, or worse. This session explores the initiatives hospitality businesses can champion and provides pointers to operators for dealing with mental health issues.
- Viona Terleth, Co-Owner - Happy Millennials
- Martijn van Eijk, Owner - Martijn van Eijk Coaching
Experience Vs. Transformation: Stand Out from the Crowd
In today's world, consumers are seeking more than just 'experience'. They crave something authentic. Providing your guests with a meaningful stay, presents you with an unmissable opportunity to stand out from the crowd. But how can you connect with them on the most personal level?
Host: Ajay Kapur, Bachelor Program Manager - Hotelschool The Hague
- Michelle Zandbergen, Owner - Hotel Craftsmen
- Bruno Bont, Owner - Hotel Not Hotel
- Niels De Jong, Head of Operations - CityHub
Tackling the industry's staffing shortages
A combination of factors in recent years has led to some severe staff shortages in the industry, with some businesses forced to reduce their opening hours and adapt their offering to tackle the issue. Join a panel of industry experts as they discuss how to combat this vital issue.
Host: Kieron Bailey, Co-Founder - EXP101
- Chris Gamm, CEO - Springboard
- Mark McCulloch, Founder - Hospitality Rising & Supersonic Marketing
- Abi Dunn, Founder - Sixty Eight People
- Kate Nicholls OBE, CEO - UKHospitality
Building Communities in Hospitality
Join some of the best and brightest names from within the next generation of hospitality leaders for a discussion on the importance of building communities within hospitality. Listen as our panellists explore how established paradigms need challenging and the importance of engaging aspiring hospitality leaders in the process.
Host: Luce Watson, Marketing Lead - Otolo
- David O’Connor, Head of Sales, Marketing and Community - The Alan
- Naomi Hollas, Project Executive - Oddity Events & Marketing
- Cat Pengelley, Leisure Sales Manager - Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
The People Collective talk "Sideways" learning
People are on every board room agenda and rightly so, but what do we really need to do to set up an effective people strategy for a new generation of hospitality workers? We believe that social learning, or "Peer to Peer" learning should be an integral part of any hospitality businesses learning and development strategy. Our teams have stopped looking up for answers & inspiration and are looking sideways to learn from the people around them who are going through, or have been through the challenges they are facing.
Host: John Mason, CEO and Co-Founder - Sideways
- Leanne Tester, Learning & Development Manager - Pizza Pilgrims
- Preeya Parker, Head of People - Grind
- Avi Collins, Head of People - Tapas Revolution
Why smart scheduling matters for a happy hospitality workforce
It's harder than ever to attract and retain talented people in hospitality, so how can smarter scheduling improve the employee experience and benefit your business? Unpack insights into the factors that drive people out of the hospitality industry and the practical changes you can make to keep your most important asset for longer and the business benefits of doing so.
- Rob Foulkes, VP, Global Marketing - Planday
- Ellie Hickling, Head of People - White Rabbit Projects
Exclusive articles, interviews, and reports
Chris Wayne-Wills, CEO of Crerar Hotels – a high quality, privately owned five and four star hotel group in Scotland – takes over as UKHospitality Scotland Chairman from Calum Ross, owner and propriet ...
Independent Hotel Show London sat down with long-standing event partner AA to learn more about the award scheme and some of the key trends impacting on the independent hotel sector.
HOTEL BOAT&CO is nestled in the Amsterdam neighbourhood of the Houthavens, an area that like the hotel, has entrepreneurship and eco-friendly ideas at its core. The Independent Hotel Show team hopped ...
Independent Hotel Show Event Manager Glenn Wallace heads down to Devon to visit Phillipa Hughes, Managing Director of The Bull Inn, Totnes, an organic, ethical pub and hotel, to discuss sourcing suppl ...
Storm Corrie is raging over Amsterdam and the hotel business is slowly starting up again with the first tourists visiting the city. We meet at The Craftsmen Kitchen, a space next to the hotel where lo ...
The Director of Business Development of Hoteliers.com, Patrick Brand has been asked by us to perform interviews about market developments with some key hoteliers. When I walk into the lobby of Hotel E ...
The Director of Business Development of Hoteliers.com, Patrick Brand has been asked by IHS to perform interviews about market developments with some key hoteliers. Floris van Vliet, a young, 27-year-o ...
The Director of Business Development of Hoteliers.com, Patrick Brand has been asked by us to perform interviews about market developments with some key hoteliers. In the fifth part of this series, I v ...