We will continue to monitor and update based on government announcements. Last updated 04/08/21
Your health and safety is our biggest concern and we are committed to ensuring our events can run in the safest way possible. Working closely with the Association of Event Organisers (AEO) and the UK government we have established the following guidance that we ask all those in attendance to adhere to.
PROOF OF COVID-19 STATUS
In line with latest government guidance and the Association of Event Organisers, Independent Hotel Show has taken the decision to verify attendee COVID-19 status on arrival at the event (to include visitors, exhibitors, contractors, venue and organiser staff).
This means all attendees will need to demonstrate proof of COVID-19 status for entry to the event. This will need to be ONE of the following:
- Proof of completion of a full course of vaccination two weeks prior to arrival via the NHS COVID Pass or equivalent for internationals. Please note we will not accept the vaccination card.
- Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test result taken within 48hrs of arrival. We will ask to see the NHS email or text message you received once you reported your result to the NHS. The fastest way to report your Lateral Flow Test result is online. We will not accept the physical test or a photo of the test.
- Proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
For further details on how to prove your COVID status and FAQs please click here.
Once you have verified your COVID-19 status you will gain access to Independent Hotel Show.
We have made the decision to implement COVID-19 status checks, even though this is not currently mandated within government guidelines, as the evidence suggests that this is the best way for us to reduce the risk of transmission within the event itself.
Putting these checks in place add an additional layer of reassurance for all attendees once they are inside the event.
The risk of COVID-19 transmission will never fully be eliminated and so the advice below should be considered when planning your time at the event.
Face Coverings: Following proof of COVID-19 status and the nature of our event, it will not be mandatory to wear a face covering, however if it makes you feel more comfortable then we would recommend doing so.
BEFORE THE EVENT
- We will keep this page up to date with any changes regarding safety guidelines and protocols so please check back regularly.
- Register to attend earlier so we can email you with any changes regarding safety guidelines and protocols.
- Please check your government advice for guidance on travelling overseas before entering the country.
- Please ensure you register and print your badge before attending the event – this is crucial, as we have implemented a reduced-contact registration system so there will be very limited opportunity to do this onsite.
- You or your staff should not attend the event if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.
AT THE EVENT
Cleaning and personal hygiene
- Please carry your own hand sanitiser and apply when you enter and leave exhibitor stands, features and theatres. There will be hand sanitising stations available onsite in high traffic areas.
- We have asked exhibitors to ensure a deeper clean before, during and after the show opens each day; paying particular attention to high traffic touchpoints and considering visible cleaning logs.
- Along with the venue, we are conducting a thorough, enhanced cleaning regime of all public areas and features prior to show opening and during show open periods.
AWARENESS OF OTHERS
For your comfort we have made the majority of gangways 3 metres wide
- Please give people space when you are walking past them.
- Check before initiating personal contact (consider elbow bumps rather than handshakes or hugs).
- Rather than exchanging business cards exhibitors have been given a free scanning app to collect your details.
- As the industry builds itself back, remember different pressures people may be facing, please be kind to each other.
- Consider arranging meetings in advance at less busy times.
EVENT AND VENUE FACILITIES
At Olympia no cash will be taken at catering outlets and cloakrooms so all customers will need to have contactless payment methods available.
Innovation Stage and Social Business Space: Please ensure you book ahead and arrive for any sessions in plenty of time. Stages will be cleaned between each session and will have managed capacities.
Cloakrooms at Olympia will be in operation. However, we would recommend considering what you need to bring with you and reduce where possible.
AFTER THE EVENT
TRACK & TRACE
We are confident the measures that we and the venue will be putting in place will make our event as safe as possible. Please ensure you give accurate information throughout the registration process.
The relevant local authorities will contact you if there’s a need to update you regarding track & trace.