New for 2018, The Meeting Space offered a dedicated, hotelier-only networking area in a beautifully designed, relaxed space. Our hosts used “speed networking” methods to bring all of us wallflowers together, and the drinks were complimentary!
TUESDAY 16TH OCTOBER
11:00 - 11:45
Bringing together the next generation of leaders in the hospitality industry from across the hotel sector in a fast-paced networking session. If you’re new to the game or already climbing the career ladder come to this session to make new contacts, share ideas on how to reach the top and expand your network.
- Leadership programmes
- Career routes
- Managing a team
- Changing direction
12:00 - 12:45
MULTIPLE SITE OPERATORS
Scaling up your business is considered a challenge in any industry. Get vital intel on how to pick your moment, obtain funding, keep brand integrity… and somehow be in several places at once, from other hoteliers working the same beat.
- Expansion challenges
- When’s the right time?
- Funds and funding
- Maintaining your brand
- Brand loyalty - tempting your guests to your new offering
- Being in two places at once
15:15 - 16:00
THE FUTURE IS FEMALE
“Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other women who have her back”
Only 25.5% of senior executives in the hotel industry are female and until we reach 50%, women only conversations are essential. The Independent Hotel Show invites you to come and meet women from across the hotel industry to share ideas, stories and plan how to smash the glass ceiling no matter what your career goals are.
- Women returners
- Breaking the glass ceiling
- New rules on paternal leave
- Managerial top tips
WEDNESDAY 17TH OCTOBER
11:00 - 11:45
Meet other owner-operators to discuss the issues of the day: like how to capitalise on the popularity of ‘staycations’, engaging your local community, attracting top talent, and fostering feel-good sustainability programmes.
- Staff training and using your budget to get the most out of your staff
- Managerial top tips
- How to tap into the rise of the ‘staycation market’
- Resourcing - how to split your teams across your budget
- How to entice new staff
- Sustainability and how to engage your community
12:15 - 13:00
THE OUT OF TOWNERS
Get on board the regional revival, by exchanging ideas with your contemporaries – from ‘experiences’ to the environment and neighbourhood initiatives, or trends like farm-totable and the premium soft drink phenomenon.
- Staff recruitment
- The conscious hotelier - sustainability and how to engage your community
- What makes an enticing F&B offering/soft drink offering - designated drivers
- Optimising your hotel - tapping into the experience led community
14:00 - 14:45
Rub shoulders with other hoteliers operating in the capital at this London-focussed networking session. We’ll be talking about Brexit of course, plus how to optimise space, personalisation, and new phenomena – like waiters paid £40K ...
- Brexit and staff visa concerns
- What opportunities are there to hire in your local community
- Staff wages - Stuart at The Stafford pays £40k to waiters
- Optimising your hotel space
- Personalising an international guest experience
- New markets to explore and how to resource
15:00 - 15:45
GUESTHOUSE AND B&B OWNERS
Supporting the thriving UK B&B and Guesthouse community in a session dedicated to everything small, perfectly formed and homegrown. The Independent Hotel Show invites an industry with over 25,000 owner-managed businesses to connect and share stories and tips on everything from personal service to finding the best suppliers.
- Finding new suppliers
- Top tips for personal service
- Creating a community
- Working with OTAs
- Innovation in the sector
- Community and strategic partnerships